Dr. Michael Banbury M.B. B.S., UWI
Dr. Banbury who is a specialist in Internal Medicine and Diabetology currently operates a private practice at the Medical Associates Hospital where he served as Chief Executive Officer from 2007 to 2012. He is a graduate of the University of the West Indies, Mona.
His current practice includes service as Consultant Chief Medical Officer of NCB Insurance Company Limited and his medical journey has also taken him to Grace Kennedy & Company Limited, Sagicor Insurance Company Limited and Fairhaven Medical Centre.
Dr. Banbury serves on several Boards and Committees which include:
- Medical Council of Jamaica
- Council of Professions Supplementary to Medicine Appeal Tribunal (Chairman)
- Medical Advisory Board, Sanofi Aventis Pharma (Chairman)
- Finance Corporation Limited (Director)
- Physician Advisory Board, Heart Institute of the Caribbean (Chairman)
- Unimed Healthcare Limited (Chairman)
- Medical Associates and Hospital and Medical Centre (Chief Executive Officer)
Dr. Banbury’s professional afiliations are as follows:
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Public Health
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- The American Diabetes Association
- The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- The Endocrine Society
- The Caribbean Endocrine Society
- The American College of Cardiology
- The American Academy of Family Physicians
- The Caribbean College of Family Physicians
When not actively involved in his medical practice, Dr. Banbury enjoys hunting and stamp collecting.