Porfessor Trevor McCartney M.B., B.S., (UWI), F.R.C.S. (Ed.), D.M. (Surg. UWI), F.A.C.S.
Dr. McCartney, a consultant surgeon is deputy Dean of the Faculty of Medical Sciences at the University of the West Indies, UWI, Mona. A graduate of Jamaica College and the UWI, he currently serves as the Medical Chief of Staff and Chief Executive Officer at the University Hospital of the West Indies and is Consultant Surgeon to several institutions and organizations, namely: University Hospital, Andrews Memorial Hospital, Nutall Memorial Hospital, Maxfield Medical Centre and Mutual Life Health.
Administrative Appointments include:
- Member of the Specialty Board in Surgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Examiner in Surgery, M.B., B.S. Final Examination
- Examiner in General Surgery D.M.
- Member, Curriculum Committee, Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Member, Specialty Board in Accident and Emergency Medicine
- Manuscript Revenue Editor – West Indian Medical Journal
- Council Member, Association of Surgeons in Jamaica
- Examiner in Surgery, University of the West Indies
- Examiner in Surgery, Medical Council of Jamaica
- Member, Board of Management, Blue Cross of Jamaica
- President, Association of Government Medical Consultants
- Member Training Committee – Ministry of Health
- Member of Board – South East Regional Health Authority
- Chairman, Accrediting Body for Internship in the Caribbean
- Member of Executive of the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Medical Institutions and other Health Professions
- Medical Council of Jamaica
- Medical Association of Jamaica
- Association of Surgeons in Jamaica
- Association of Government Medical Consultants
- University of the West Indies Medical Alumni Association
- Caribbean College of Surgeons
- Dr. McCartney is married. When not actively involved in Medicine, he enjoys sailing, lawn tennis, cricket, golf and dominoes.